Pros & Cons
Lenovo Ideapad A1 tablet is a very good entry level tablet for anyone who has "basic" needs for a tablet. It competes with Amazon Kindle Fire and B&N Nook when many users buy tablet in that price range. Most of the users chose IdeaPad A1 because it comes with 16GB of storage space (2GB+14GB internal SD) and MicroSD expansion slot. It also has a Bluetooth 2.1 in addition to WiFI b/g/n. Front and rear cameras are addendum, which are not present in other tablets of its cost. It has a GPS which works offline as well.
Lenovo can do Facebook, Email, and YouTube as well as an iPad and with FLASH.
Users do not like that fact that the home, back and settings menu buttons light up only when touched. This can be annoying at first because user can't find out where they are if it's dark. It is definitely a design anomaly.
Overall, users are happy with Ideapad A1 tablet and they recommend it for the basic tablet users since it is a good value for money.
Cnet.com Rating: 3.50 stars from 12 reviews.
Amazon.com Rating: 3.60 stars from 125 reviews.
Battery Lifefrom 19 reviews
Most of the users do not like the battery life on Lenovo Ideapad A1.
1. The battery lasts for about 5 hours. It can drain in about 4 hours with WiFi enabled.
Some users are happy with battery life based on their method of using the tablet.
1. Battery life is excellent if you play audio in airplane mode with the screen turned off.
Overall, most of the users are happy with the battery of IdeaPad A1.
Speakerfrom 47 reviews
Users are not happy with the internal speaker on this tablet. Most users recommend using headphones while listening to music or watching a video, or plugging it into the aux jack in vehicle's radio (or using an FM transmitter).
Screen Qualityfrom 25 reviews
Most users like the screen on Ideapad A1 because of:
1. Great 1080P resolution of the screen.
2. Bright screen and it can change screen orientation.
Some users also complain that:
1. The screen really smudges up good
2. It is not a wide angle screen so a reader has to be right in front of it to read.
3. It does have an ambient light sensor in the front.
Overall, most users are happy with the screen size, resolution and quality of screen.
Contentfrom 30 reviews
Most users are like these more things about their IdeaPad A1 tablet.
1.GPS which can be used as a Tomtom offline in car without connectivity. It comes with free worldwide maps.
2. It is not loaded with bloatware and many apps that come pre-loaded are easily removable by user.
3. It has full access to Android Market.
4. Comes pre-loaded with useful applications like Docs-to-go.
Comments & Questions