This is the summary of consumer reviews for Bio-Oil PurCellin Oil Facial Treatment Products. The BoolPool rating for this product is Good, with 4.00 stars, and the price range is $11.99-$13.19 (For 2.0 oz.).
Bio-Oil is specialized moisturizing oil that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin. The Bio-Oil formulation is a balanced combination of plant extracts and vitamins in an oil base. The oil contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil, which ensures the targeted delivery of its key ingredient - Vitamins A and E; Lavender, Calendula and Rosemary oils; and Chamomile extract. The PurCellin Oil changes the overall consistency of the formulation, making it light, non-greasy and easily absorbed by the skin. Bio-Oil has been tested to be a non-irritant product for sensitive skin and to be a non-acnegenic and is intended for topical cosmetic application only.
- Scars: Reduce the appearance of both old and new scars by improving the condition of skin with scar tissue
- Stretch marks: Reduce the appearance of existing stretch marks and also prevent stretch marks caused by rapid changes in body size during pregnancy, puberty and/or weight loss.
- Uneven skin tone: Reduces the appearance of pigmentation marks and blemishes
- Aging skin: Improves the skin elasticity by smoothening and toning the sagging and wrinkled skin, thus reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Dehydrated skin: Lubricates the dry or chapped skin by protecting against the drying effects of water and climate
- Daily skincare: Intensive moisturizer, soothing after-sun treatment and is also ideal as a bath oil.
However, some users experienced redness, burning sensation, dryness, irritation, cyst-like acne on face, itching on tummy etc after using the oil. Some users could not see any visible changes in scars or marks. The oil is less effective in moisturizing skin in cold weather and not very suitable for sensitive skin.
Overall, the Bio-Oil PurCellin Oil Facial Treatment Products are highly recommended for their natural formulation and skin care benefits for a beautiful, radiant skin.
Apply twice daily on a freshly washed face or body, for a minimum of 3 months for visible results. Oil should be massaged in a circular motion until fully absorbed. Pregnant ladies should start applying the oil from the start of second trimester to areas that are most prone to stretch marks like abdomen, breasts, lower back, hips, buttocks and thighs. Results will vary from individual to individual depending on climate and skin type.